I saw an orange colored sky just at 7.45pm. It's rather unusual, since at about 7.30, it's usually almost dark. It was very pleasing to my eye as I stared out of the window in awe of God's ingenuity.
Well, perhaps this orange colored sky would have gone unnoticed by many people in my area; people who are busy, rushing to go somewhere, or just sitting down watching tv (like *ahem* my dad). A brilliantly painted sky gone unnoticed. That's got to be injustice!
That made me realize how self-absorbed I can be sometimes. Or perhaps, I'm just overwhelmed by what has been placed on my shoulders that I fail to see that this world is actually a lot bigger and beautiful than it seems. Compared to that, I'm insignificant, small and unpretty (although I do feel that way most of the time). And what's more, they are free.
Honestly, nature brought me through some tough times. I remembered when I was writing my thesis, I really struggled to stay sane as the workload was crazy. But however busy, I always made time to make a cup of coffee, and sip it slowly while looking out of the window. Nature (and coffee) was what kept me going, kept me from giving up, and indirectly landed me this job too.
I guess sometimes, all we do need is fresh air and sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment