Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My precious Saviour

Today was one heck of a day. The longest day I've had in awhile. Well, I went to work 30 minutes earlier because mom had to work (dad's clinic receptionist was on leave). So, when I reached, my boss had just arrived as well.. so work began immediately. Btw, the plagiarism workshop is tomorrow and so I knew today was going to be busy. But then again, I wasn't prepared for what was to come.
It started out pretty chilled out. Dr. Ummul told me about her hectic weekend, etc.. then at 11am we had the pre-workshop meeting. That was ok too. And after the meeting, Dr. Ummul and I went for lunch.. Japanese food.. hmm.. not my fave.. but then again, hahaha.. so I guess I finally figured out what caused the real fatigue! We skipped the usual visit to the Starbucks joint since she was full. Really.. I'm used to having my afternoon coffee and so the effect didn't set in till later.
We went back to her office, and she had a meeting while I photocopied all the materials that we needed. After awhile, I felt blur (Malaysian lingo for "faint"). And because of that I made a few stupid mistakes... And I was so angry with myself and thought "That's the reason why I don't like myself very much sometimes.."
Anyway, there came a point when I was doing even the simplest task of stapling the papers together wrongly. And then I felt really helpless and didn't know what to do.. and so I said this:

"Lord Jesus, hold my hand. I need you now. I need your strength"

I knew it would make a difference. I just didn't know by how much. So, I grew blurrer and blurrer, but I knew i'd had to finish what I started (I hate leaving things halfway done). So, just trusting the Lord, I went ahead. And the results were astonishing! My mind froze up, and I couldn't think straight, but amazingly.. I was doing things faster and more accurately that when I was doing some thinking! I knew right away, it wasn't me. It was the Lord :) I could feel that some other force was with me. And so, as I did other tasks, everything went smoothly and I finished after awhile. Tired as I was, but I had the strength to go on. Thank you Jesus! :)

I knew I needed to tell my story right now and right then. This may be a little miracle, but it has touched me so deeply. I know there's a God. And I know my Saviour loves and cares for me, no matter how small the problem is, He's there.

I love you Jesus. You are my one and only precious Lord and Saviour.

No comments: