Ok, I have handled all kinds of coffee before.. even to the very exotic ones. I've conquered and made sure they were brewed just right. But this time, I've got to admit.. there's one type of coffee I failed at. The Greek Coffee. First of all, it doesn't help that the instructions were all in the Greek language (except the illustrations, thank God) .. what's more difficult, is that it has to be boiled. Yup, no coffee plungers, drip brew, peculator.. but just simply, boiled.
I thought it'd be easier to use a casserole and just scoop it up afterward. Seems easy right? Just like boiling soup. But I was wrong. Firstly, I had no idea how much coffee powder to put, since I have no idea how many cups the casserole is equivalent to (which I was too lazy to measure). And then when I brought the thing to boil, I tasted it.. and it tasted burnt. I have no idea why.. but I hope Greek coffee doesn't actually taste that way, or else, I'd probably stay away from Greek coffee for the rest of my life. In the end, I just gave up. So here's the coffee queen, sitting in front of her laptop, with a whole casserole full of Greek coffee, and yet, has not had her afternoon fix.
I'm starting to think this whole 'coffee expert' thing is self-proclaimed.
No comments:
Post a Comment