Well, it's Thursday, and it was a working day for me (or shall I say, working morning.. since I only work for 3.5 hours, 2 days a week?). Ok, so as usual, I had a date with Zati who was too shaken up by the previous incident (check previous blog post, 22nd July) that she just refused to ever step into "my" office again. HAHA. Anyway, we were suppose to have a lunch date after I got off work at about 12.30pm but instead of the usual university cafeteria, Zati thought it'd be good for us to visit the Jusco mall (which btw is the fave among the students of my uni) and have lunch there.. and so I agreed. We hopped into the taxi, and the first thing the taxi driver told us was there was a massive traffic jam in that area, but we decided to go anyway (BIG MISTAKE!).
When we were almost approching the mall, we realized that it was J-card member day. This could only mean 4 things:
1) GREAT discounts (but for members only)
2) massive HUMAN jam cuz there are freaking lots of people who are just scrambling their way through the mall and grabbing stuff like crazy.
3) illegal parking all over the place - becareful, you might receive a ticket.. and all those discounts won't be worth it after all.
4) massive TRAFFIC jam- all those petrol wasted, just to get the discounts.. if you ask me it's penny wise, pound foolish!
But even though I could see that the bad outweighs the good, people are still fighting to get into this place. I was only downstairs having my meal and I thought it was already freaking crazy, I couldn't imagine the scene upstairs where the real action is (and where all the claws start emerging!). Oh well, even my friend Zati was motivated enough to want to apply for a J-card and get that watch she wanted. What the heck?! Even after a friend of hers we met told us that the queue was long enough to make you wait for hours, Zati still wanted to shop. Gosh, I have time to waste.. but I decided to waste it back home. Anyway, I waited for my mom to come fetch me and then left, whether or not Zati decided to go for that shopping spree and start squeezing her way through to those shelves, I have no idea. I should probably ask her.. LOL. Anyway, yeah.. I'll never go for another J-card member day if I can help it.. I'm sensible enough to keep my cash and wait for the real sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment