My first day at work. Ah, it was better than I expected it to be.. a good boss who trusts me, and well, very flexible working hours! I started proper at 9.3o and it was slow.. but I was doing my work (except for the fact that the lan's connection went crazy for about at least 30 mins) and then at about 12, my boss came in to get her stuff for her class.. ahhh the notes looked too familiar.. I mean, come on I had to get those stuff in my head 3 years ago.. but it was funny, watching a side of her probably most have never seen.. ransacking her room, looking for one piece of paper (must be really important) and when she got tired, she exclaimed sarcastically "Ah! Good filing system!" HAHAHA.
Anyway, that's not the interesting part. I was suppose to meet my friend Zati for lunch, and since she was at the thesis room in my former faculty, I agreed that we should meet there before deciding where to eat. At about 12.30pm, there was this knock on the door.. (my boss' students all know she shifted to the new office) and so she asked "Is that for you?". I seriously did not expect Zati to come knocking! Oh yeah, and btw (digressing a little).. since she was our former lecturer with a reputation of being really really strict and scary, my friend Zati was terrified of her. Anyway, back to the story.. Dr. Ummul (my boss) opened the door, since I was busy and all that.. and there was Zati! The LOOK ON ZATI'S FACE!!! It was PRICELESS!! When Zati saw Dr. Ummul.. her whole face became pucat ('pale' in the Malay language) as if she had seen a ghost!! ahhaha.. it was hillarious! She told Dr. Ummul "Uh, I want to meet Grace" and I went and told Zati that I'll take awhile more while she still stood there with that bengang ("speechless" in the Malay language) look on her face.. hahaha.. it was the highlight of the day!
Zati told me during lunch.. "Grace, I've got to put this on my blog!!!" I told her "Yeah, me too!!" And so, there you have it! Hehe, just wished I was fast enough to capture the look on her face at the moment! Oh well, it has been imprinted on my brain for life...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment