Thursday, September 30, 2010

If I were a flash drive...

Particularly one that belongs to Grace... it won't be long till I wind up dead. Not just dead, but I'll end up decapitated, being stripped naked THEN dead. Sounds like a murder mystery? Not quite. In fact, it's no mystery at all.. I am a flash drive killer. Not one of my flash drives have ended up in a good way. Let's see.. my first flash drive got kidnapped (aka stolen), my second flash drive got abandoned by me, and then was found at a remote place filled with sand (TRUE STORY), and my third and recent one... well... I guess the photo speaks for itself:



My flash drive was originally dressed in a pretty white robe. But this, was.. and still is how it ended up to be. Here's why.. I usually buy flash drives with a cap.. but more often than not, I'd lose the cap, which is not good. So for once, I decided to buy a flash drive that slips in and out... but I soon realized that it was worse than losing a cap...

Anyway, my flash drive was in rather bad condition. For some time, its head was bent/elevated. I didn't care much because it could still be read. Time and time again, something in me nudged me to save what's on my flash drive to my computer. Time and time again, I ignored that little "something". And then, on the day my flash drive died... it was decapitated. I panicked and tried fixing it back! Of course, it didn't work.. I kept praying and praying and praying...

I told God "I just need for it to work one time, just one time Lord.. to save all my files"

So mom brought it to the nearest computer shop while I stayed home. I prayed again and told God"Ok God, it's up to You now... it's Your call". And I just left it and not worry about it..

Here's what I found out when mom came home. Apparently, the boss of the shop told her that it wasn't possible to fix it. But then, he tried. Mom was praying really hard too... she was praying the whole time. Anyway, so I tried and viola! it worked! I managed to save all my files into 3 different locations!

Here's a more astonishing fact... after that one time, my computer could not detect my flash drive again. It couldn't recognize it. So God did answer my prayer... He did allow it to work just one time.. enough for me to save all my files! My amazing Heavenly Father! :)

I bought chocolates for that guy who helped save my flash drive, at least for just that one time. But I suspect he was just the assistant... God was the ultimate life saver. As always!

No comments: