Have you seen a mustard seed? I haven't, but from the photos it seems to be the size of a soybean. That's quite small. There has always been a story from the Bible that I have always disassociated myself with.. it's the story of the mustard seed faith.
Matthew 17:19-20 "Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."
I have always thought the mountains Jesus was referring to were LITERALLY mountains. HAHA. It's funny how naive I had been. Anyway, yesterday while I was reading my bible, I came across this passage and then I look at the footnote. It said that the "mountains" actually were obstacles in my life and by trusting God, He will help me move it.
So I've been having a little personal problems lately and so there I was so helpless and I left it all to God. I refused to doubt. I refused to worry. And then today, after praying for quite awhile about that problem.. the solution came! It came! So when I realized it.. I heard a still voice saying "Haven't I told you that you could move mountains?" It's that same voice that told me "Trust ME" when I was faced with a terrifying cockroach (yea yea.. laugh all you want) years back.
MOUNTAINS. I can move life's mountains! And I did not even lift a finger :)
No comments:
Post a Comment