Saturday, May 29, 2010

When it's all said and done..

LOL. Actually, nothing that final and serious lah.

I was just dreaming about the time when I'm all done with my masters and have absolutely nothing to do. LOL. And only one thing came to mind.. BAKING. Yes, I'm obsessed. But it's a great obsession, as long as I don't end up eating all my baked goods (I can give away the delicious evil and help others put on the kilos.. hahahah). I've missed baking... I've been baking, just not everything that I would like to.

I bake for my breakfast these days, and although that's as often as once a week, but seriously it's like I'm not satisfied! There are tonnes of things I wish I could bake, tonnes of things I wish I could cook.. but oh well. What has to be done, has to be done. Will be counting down the days when all I would have to do is eat, sleep and bake AHAHAHA. That would be awesome!

Things I would like to bake:
yeast breads - cinnamon rolls, savoury breads (dad has been asking for them),and challah (a braided egg bread)
cookies - cute petit ones.. never tried baking cookies, I think I'd do just fine.
festive cakes - panettone (Italian Christmas cake) is number one on my list
pastry -  pies and puffs.. I won't eat them though :p
Cakes - cupcakes (my sis bought me a set of utensils, I haven't got to use them yet), Angel food cake, tiramisu.... etc

Non-baked stuff... I'd try my hand at making everything homemade (peanut butter, mayo, etc etc)...

And last but not least, I'd like to bake everyone's (sorry, family only.. lol) birthday cakes !! :)

Now, don't I have the world's best hobby?? :) It beats facebooking hands down! And I won't ruin my eyesight further :p

No comments: