My week has never been this crazy. SERIOUSLY. Or maybe I can't remember.. but if there was a week that was crazier than this week, I think I would have remembered it.
Two weeks before this, I got a call from Dr Ummul my supervisor telling me that she's got an empty (1 hour) slot in the Corpus Linguistics Workshop that she needs filling up. Guess who she had in mine. Uh... no prize for right guesses, but it was ME. Well, thank God it was me as in me alone, but she had a phd student to help me out.
I started to panic, so I went to meet up with them and discussed the details. Turns out people who would be presenting and attending are experts in the field. Shall I reiterate? I think I shall... EXPERTS. I freaked out EVEN MORE! After all, I haven't had that much experience working in the field. How can I expect them to listen to me??
Then it started going downhill after that. The two of them had to leave for a conference for about 4 days (last week) leaving me to figure out what to do with the stuff. HAHA. I had NO IDEA. So I left it, and waited for them to come back.
When they were back, or rather when Kak Mala was back, it was already Thursday. I couldn't meet her that day, so I met her Fri. Since then I had been working on my presentation (which was on Wed), and had loads to do. All I thought about, did and dreamt about was my presentation... asked anybody. They knew I was not myself since last Fri/Sat.. I just couldn't help it. It was such a rush!
So I did not sleep well for many days, was cranky, and snappy. UGH. I hated myself for that! ANyway, when that day came.. I was still unprepared and I just prayed that the Holy Spirit helped me (I just couldn't help myself at all.. my brain had OT-ed by the time I was done with the powerpoint slides). To my surprise, though I was already dead tired and though I did sometimes repeat myself once or twice during the presentation, I did say things that I never thought of before that (but were important of course) and I used some pretty bombastic words too. It has got to be Jesus! Thank you Lord!
Overall, I had good feedback.. or maybe those profs were just being nice to a little girl like me :) The workshop ran till Thurs (yesterday) and today I'm in uni today (typing this post) for yet another workshop. Oh.. did I mention? Once I'm done with the workshop at 5 I'm heading straight for KL till Sunday..
This is indeed the craziest week I've ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment