Sunday, April 24, 2011

He IS Risen!

Not was risen.But Jesus IS risen.
Not was alive but Jesus IS alive.
Not reigned but Jesus REIGNS!

I'm not going to preach. In fact, once upon a time, Easter was just another Christian holiday which I was all nonchalant about. But now, it's Easter every single day for me.

I can't convince everyone that Jesus is alive. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. But I can share what I know and why I know my God is alive....

 Just a weeks before, I was bowing before God asking that our Pastor Raymond's wife, Auntie Lydia be healed as she was diagnosed with a rare illness. And guess what? I saw her today at church, completely healed! What better way to celebrate Easter, what better way to know that my God is truly risen and hears my every prayer?

On Friday, while on the way to Lavender for lunch, I was a bit concerned as I was running on a tight schedule and that place was famous for not having any parking. I hurriedly mumbled, "Lord, I need a parking space." As our car approached the restaurant, this guy, whose car that was parked right in front of the place, vacated the lot just in time! I was AMAZED. I casually asked God for a parking lot. It didn't matter if I had to walk a bit, but He gave me the best! One of the few reminders that my Lord Jesus is alive and listens to my every prayer! (even sloppy, mumbled ones!)

I know my Lord is alive because I feel His strength, His power and most of all, His love. Oh His love. It's like none other. When I'm depressed, discouraged, sad, lonely, His love keeps me going. He holds me throughout my life's storms. He's there each and every time. I know that He will be there till the end of the ages... there are times when I don't feel God is with me. In fact, A LOT OF TIMES. But each time that happens, I look at the sun. I look at the clouds. I KNOW that my Lord is alive.

Jesus is alive! It's not just a slogan. It's not just another cliche exclamation or cheer. It's for real. And I WILL proclaim it each and every day I live.

No comments: