Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friends

At work, I've got a good friend. He's someone who understands the stress of my job, and how the people we both have to deal with can be such a pain sometimes. The other day I had to put up with how diva-ish the newly promoted Senior Editor was acting. I thought I could take it lying down. But I couldn't. So when I couldn't take it anymore, I called my buddy Malcolm to complain the gist of it and then emailed him the rest of the details. Ah, I felt much better. I finally realized how awesome it is to have a good friend. A buddy. Someone I can pour out my grievances to.

The morning after that fateful day, Malcolm came downstairs with a long face, looked up straight, walked right pass me and right into the manager's office, then walked back up without stopping by my desk to chat. Hmm. Something's wrong, I thought. And I was right. A few minutes later, he called my intercom line and complained about Mother (what we call our she's-too-indulgent-and-polite-it's-annoying manager) for 20 mins. And in case you're wondering.. yes, I did get darting stares from my superiors. But I didn't care. It's not everyday that he calls me to complain about stuff (usually he does that over lunch.. hah!), and hey, what are friends for right?! Honestly, I haven't had such a good friend in the longest time.. and I do like it. I guess I forgot how great it is to have a buddy.

But then again, I have often forgotten that I do have my bestest Buddy in the world. One who never left my side to begin with, One whom I pour out my grievances to every single day. One who quietly lets me put the blame on Him even though  it's not even His fault. One who lets me stamp my feet like a little child, and throw tantrums at Him. One and holds me lovingly in His arms when I feel alone.


He's the Creator of the universe who bled and died... for me. I love you, Jesus.

No comments: