Friday, February 4, 2011

Not worthy.

It's Chinese New Year again! Happy Chinese New Year! It's the time when people bum around, do nothing, eat all day and sleep all day. But most importantly.... we spend precious times with our precious loved ones! Which is priceless :))

Anyway, it's during this time when I even tolerate the sight of the dumbest movies. Like yesterday, I sat through 5 mins of the movie Wayne's World. It is 5 mins of my life I'd never get back.. BUT (believe it or not) I caught a glimpse of revelation!!

So. Was watching Wayne's World right? And although I have no idea what the movie was about (not that I'd bother to even find out), I was watching this part where Mike Myers and his friend met their favourite rock band. The lead singer invited them to stay and to hang out... and they suddenly fell on their knees and said "We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We suck! We suck!". I was pretty offended... I was thinking.. why are they bowing to mere humans?!

But then it dawned on me. Yeah, I often kowtow to mere humans myself. Maybe not physically, but perhaps I've done it verbally. As if I'm not worthy of being in their presence. To be breathing the same air as them. To be cramping their style. And YET... when it comes to GOD Most High, I treat Him like dirt, and sometimes even ignore or get upset with Him. WHERE'S THE SENSE IN THAT?! But nonetheless.. He has stoop to the lowest to carry me up, and He has been to the slums to clean me off and cloth me in righteousness.

He's not status conscious. He isn't snooty. My God has walked the dusty roads without sandals. He has slept in a mere fishing boat. He spent time with ones we'll label as "losers". He used those perfect hands to make furniture. He, in all His glory, was stripped bare, scourged, and nailed to the cross.. left to die. And who put Him there? ME. Because of my rebellion, because of my sins... He knew He had to do it. There wasn't any other way. God gave Himself for me.

If there's anyone whom I were to say "We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We suck! We suck!" It will be to Jesus. But I know He doesn't want me to. He doesn't need me to. That's cuz He has paid it all, done it all to make me WORTHY. And He will guide me and lead me... and comfort me enough to know that I DO NOT SUCK. So what if the world thinks I do? God doesn't. And His opinion reigns supreme!

:) What a beautiful way to start the year of the Rabbit.

No comments: