Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's a conspiracy!

I don't get it! Why is that, the more I find a song annoying, the more I end up listening to it on the radio (it's played more than the songs I like) and the more it sticks to me?! The more irritating I find the singer, the more his/her voice rings in my ear.. the worst thing is, by the end of it, I find myself singing along to it! Oh gosh! It's a conspiracy to drive me crazy! It's as if these songs are spells used to prey on unsuspecting victims.
I've been listening to the radio a lot recently, and I do enjoy a lot of the songs.. there are some, even though I find them irritating, I just can't pull myself away. It's as if something is keeping me there. Honestly, I'm not a hip hop fan, and I find the new "In the Ayer" song by Flo Rider annoying, but when I heard it.. and tried my very best to pull the headphones off my ears, I just couldn't do it! It was then I realized, I have been hypnotized! LOL!
And another example.. I never really liked Rihanna's voice, but her songs were okay, until "Disturbia" came along. It is probably the most disturbing and sickening song I've ever heard, and to top it all off, is her whiny voice. It can't get any worse than that! However, today, I realized I was singing along to the intro.. you know, the "bum-bum-bee-bum" nonsense... and I even thought of making my ringtone! It was then, I realized.. I was really on the verge of going crazy!

Let me know if you know of a cure, I would really appreciate it! To end this post.. I shall quote the lyrics from Rihanna's "Disturbia" which really describes me right now..

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now

No comments: