Friday, March 18, 2011

In His arms

Today was one of those days when I felt as if my world was crashing down on me. I don't want to talk about it now. Maybe I would after awhile, but not today.

As today unfolded... little by little my world crashed. As rubble was filling my heart quickly, its weight increased. It was almost unbearable. I was helpless. All I can say was, "I'm holding on to You, Jesus... I'm holding on to You..". In my head played the line from a song, "In a broken world, Jesus I'm holding on to You.".. how befitting.

I just wanted to rush home. I wanted to get on my knees and cry out to God. When the time came though, all I felt like doing is crash on my bed. I did just that. I wanted to cry out to God.. but I couldn't say a word. All I could do was close my eyes and whisper "Jesus.. Jesus.. Jesus...Jesus..."

Suddenly, I felt the burden in my heart lifted. Warmth started surrounding me. I felt like I was in the arms of Jesus. I have had that feeling a few times before, but never has it been so strong. There wasn't a sound.. just comfort and warmth. I called for Jesus and He came right to where I was. He did what I truly needed - He gave me a hug. Him just being there.

Sometimes all I need is to be in His arms. Nothing earth-shattering. I just need His shoulder to lean on and His caress. That would remove the rubble in my heart in a matter of seconds.

Thank You, Jesus. I love You so much. Without You, I will die.

No comments: