I finally did it. I finally stopped studying. I'm working at last.
From academic suicide to being born into the world of publishing. And I quite like the publishing world, I'd must say. Loads of new things to learn! I think being an editor is my natural instinct. I spot a spelling mistake and I always take it upon myself to correct it. And honestly, this job has made the dictionary my best friend. Because I'm dealing with children's books, I have to be extremely careful. Excruciatingly careful. From the first letter to the last punctuation. I have to be responsible. But I like it. Not just because I do well in it. But because I somehow like it. Just can't explain it...
And for the first time in my life.. I've been working 9-11 hours days with just one hour break in between. Never knew I could sit through that! Plus. Best thing about being an editor is that people seem to need me more than I need them. And the feeling is good actually.. Maybe that's why I've been treated well thus far.. I can see that they're pretty relieved that I'm there :)
People have told me that it is different in the working world, but so far, it's been fine. Sure, a moody artist here and a panicky superior there, but God's favour has been upon me. And I know He is with me. So I am not afraid. He is my Defender, my Helper, my Comforter and my Strength :)
No comments:
Post a Comment