Monday, December 27, 2010

About my job..

I like my job as an editor. Unfortunately, I've recently doubled up as a writer as well. That's where the problem begins. I have never written any book, I do not know how to write a manuscript (I only know how to write scholarly stuff.. hahaha), and I do not know how children think.

And the worst thing about it is, I cannot really communicate with my new colleagues. I can't speak Mandarin very well, and they can't speak English. So, what happens is that big huge information gap. What would normally take 5 minutes to explain, ends up taking 30 mins because of language barrier. And in the end, I do what I thought I'm suppose to do, only to find out that that is not what my superior meant..SIGH!

The only colleague I can talk to is the who sits in the next desk. He speaks good English. And he is what I shall call, the CNN.. he knows everything about everyone, so I get my share of gossip from him everyday. At least it's not boring.

But other than that, I'm alone. Like Dr. Ummul told me, it's a solitary job. But it's a good thing I have my Mr. Jesus. He keeps me company all day. Even when I'm tired, He gives me strength to go on.. even when my brain is fried, He grants me wisdom. I cannot imagine going through a day without Him :)

So, that's my job for you. Tomorrow's a new day. New set of challenges but there's nothing Mr. Jesus and I can't handle together :)

No comments: