Ah weddings. Happy and blissful occasion. Church weddings are always joyful and everyone who knows you can attend. Wedding dinner/lunch on the other hand, remains an irony.
Here's how paradoxical wedding dinners can be.. I'll try to make it as simple as possible (in Malaysian lingo)..
People invite you via facebook events, you say they not serious..
People invite you as a congregation, you get offended and don't want to go...
People give you an invitation card, you complain and say too many weddings.. and too many ang pows to give..
People don't invite you.. you think that person does not treat you as a friend (see you no up.. hHAHAHHAH)
If I'm the bride, I'd say: WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!
LOL. No seriously. These scenarios really happened. And you guessed it, it's all because of 'face'. I have honestly read about the theoretical aspect of face (yes, there are studies on it) and it is complicated. But let's not go there..
Anyway, the reason why I am talking about weddings is that I realized how complicated it can be. Not just the planning but the inviting... I have no idea what's going to happen when it's my turn (uh.. IF I do find my 1 in 6 billion). But anyway, I'm still at that stage where I feel that it's an honour to be invited. I was surprised that a friend who is not close and who I have not seen in ages (although he's pastoring a church in JB) invited me to his wedding in Sept.. I have no idea what is going to happen then, if anything's going to crop up, but I told him I'd be there.. and I will. By hook or by crook.. LOL.
I'm starting to collect wedding cards.. at the moment I have two :p Maybe someday I'd be sick of weddings... but getting invited shows that I'm starting to socialize a lot more now. And talk a little too much too.. hehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment