I love my favorite hobby! And I know my family does too :p I can have my cake/bread.. and eat it too! HEHE.
After my bad experience with no-knead bread (the second loaf was almost a complete flop), I decided enough is enough. I am going to pluck up enough courage to attempt kneading. So I went to the online "baker's school" and watch videos on how to bake. I picked up quite a few tips on the way and tried to memorize them as I went along.
Finally the day arrived. I was excited! Though "what ifs" (which is the most useless question in the world) popped into my head, I went along with it. Kneading was fun! I loved kneading. I had to knead the dough for 8-10 mins until it had a smooth, elastic texture. My hand got a little tired, but the dough was so fun to play with! I guess the most time was spent waiting.. waiting 1 hour for it to rise and after rising, I had to shape it to fit the loaf pan (which I also had to watch a video in order to find out how). I did it successfully and after having risen 30 mins in the loaf pan, here's what the dough looked like:
sorry about the angle.. I guess I was just too excited.. LOL.
I scored the dough and brushed egg wash on the dough after that. I patiently waited 35 mins for it to bake... and so..
Color looks good, but what about the inside? I needed to wait about an hour before slicing SIGH. So an hour passed by, and the loaf came to room temperature. I sliced it.. and I was.. ELATED! :)
AMAZING! Even better than my first loaf of white bread. Texture is great, the crust not hard at all. :)) Hours spent waiting and preparing was just totally worth it. Will be keeping this recipe to ensure perfect white bread each time.
Oh.. and dad just asked me if I want to open a cafe again.. LOL.


No comments:
Post a Comment