I'm a foodie. I really really think I am. I'm not just one who enjoys food, cook and bake, but for me, food is more than that. I get excited, fascinated over new fruits, new plants, new ingredients.
Which brings me to a dilemma. As much as I love language, I realize that I'm not as fascinated by it as I am with food. But will food put food on the table? AHAHAHAHA. I know, that sounds funny. Anyway, I recently had this thing about food.. what I'd do is that I will taste a certain kind of ingredient (for example, yogurt) and think what other ingredients will be good to pair it up with. I never had this habit.. and now that I do, I start eating a wider variety of food. I never liked vegetables, but now I start eating brinjal and I love it. I start tasting ingredients in their original form, be it mayo, yogurt, tea.. and what can I say, I'm crazy about food.
I even spend my time thinking about food. Like I would think of different cakes I could bake, and I would watch chefs on tv and pick up their habits. And needless to say, I would spend hours on allrecipes.com finding new cakes to bake, and watching countless shows on the Asian Food Channel.
One would say, hey.. I'm a small eater. Yes, I am. But I try small portions of each dish. Not because I'm on a diet, it's because I can't eat much.. and if I eat a lot of the first 2-3 dishes, I won't have the appetite for the rest. Strategy, I'd say. One who has a passion for food need not have a big appetite.
And one more thing to consider. As much as I enjoy baking and cooking, I am pretty good at it. Flair, my dad says. He's always told me to go to chef school. I used to laugh it off, but now, I am considering going to chef school. Maybe after I complete my masters.. instead of getting Permanent Head Damage, I'll be cooking up a storm.
We'll see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment