Thursday, January 22, 2009

Miss Monk

Don't worry, I'm not losing my religion. I love Jesus too much :)
Nor am I shaving my head anytime soon.
The person I'm turning into though, is perhaps the female version of Mr. Adrian Monk. Don't know who he is? Let me shed some light on who he is. Adrian Monk (from the tv series Monk) is a detective who developed OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) after the tragic death of his wife. He has an obsession with hygiene, fear of hugs, fear of handshakes, fear of.... well, 300+ other things. And everything has to be perfectly cleaned, not a crumb, not a dot of dust.. nothing.
Well, I'm not that bad, but I'm beginning to suspect I'm developing a mild OCD. I don't know, it's just a suspicion. Grace is still normal, you know (or so I think.... I hope).
As you know, I've been working in my boss' old office and my job is pretty much sitting in front of computer, typing stuff and searching for stuff. And then just today, I realized that I've been cleaning my work area (just where the computer is situated, and her desk) every once a week or whenever I see dust. I've been cleaning the table, the screen, the keyboard, the phone.. and whenever I leave, I need to put the chair back to the original position, facing the desk. And now, I've added another task.. clearing the waste paper basket! OH GOSH! I'm a freak!
But then again, when have I ever stopped being a freak? :p But if I get to be as cool a freak as Mr. Monk.. I don't mind. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok wat be like Mr. Monk
though watchin the show sometimes irritate me lah
hahahah
but that's nothing freak la
chill!