I'm on Raya break- for almost 2 weeks! Happy? Not exactly. Wasn't very pleased.. Since I started working and started being productive, I realized I can't sit still anymore. I have to do something, I cannot stand being bored. Which is weird really, because after I graduated, I spent 2 months doing nothing.. until I landed this current job of mine.
I wonder if that's how people become lazy, they start slacking, and then when the laziness sets in and becomes part of them, they just want to do nothing. I thought I was that type of person too, I guess I was really wrong. There comes a point when Facebook becomes boring, I can't sit still in front of the tv, and staring into space becomes detestable. So, I started bringing my personal thumbdrive to work to copy the files from the thumbdrive at work so that I could do my work at home. And when my friends found out about it, their first reaction was "Dr. Ummul put you up to this??? Poor you." The thing is, she didn't! I guess she was pretty surprised that I did my work at home too.. a little too surprised. All she could say was "Good." LOL! But really, now I'd rather work than to do nothing. I'm not being hard on myself, I guess when I do get focused, I'm really serious about it.. and I perform best when I'm in that mode. It took me quite awhile to build up the momentum (1 whole month, in fact!) so I don't intend on slowing down.
Seriously, who would have thought that Grace will be so happy to do her work without being paid for her Overtime?? LOL! Oh yeah, and in the topic of 'working'... I found this in my boss' office...
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could’ve done.
I guess I'm the Nobody in this story now. But then again Nobody is perfect. ;) Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment