Friday, November 13, 2009

Facebook accounts and names

I would have to admit that even though there's much hype surrounding Facebook (aka FB), it can't hold much of my attention these days. Sure, I have stuff to do, but when I have a little time on my hands, FB is no longer my idea of leisure. However, whenever I am on FB, I found out that there is a fun thing to do. And no, it's not the various game applications that FB has to offer, but rather.. it has to do with real people, and real names. Yes. In awhile, you'd realize that however weird those names are, people have adopted them as their English names. And note that I only deal with English names (which strangely is somehow always attached to a Chinese surname). Not of other languages (because I can't speak much of any other language).

With that silly, rather boring intro.. I now present to you names that I found amusing/silly/funny (you'd have the task of figuring out which name belongs to which category).

Firstly, those of the food family...


Milk Lin
Lollipop Tan
Porridge Chew
Orange Cham
Raisin Wu
Tay Melon
Pineapple Ng


I know you might be hungry by now, but I'm not done yet! And now, for those of the animal kingdom..

Bunny Yo
Sheep Yang
Pony Wu

And well.. everything else...

Wood Ding
Focus Wu (probably was distracted all the time...like me)
Light Wang
Relex Eng (did he really mean relax or rolex?)
Accept Zhang
Petty Lin (I think she meant.. pRetty)
Decade Loh
Flame Ng
Boredchild Lek

These are REAL names. Check it up on FB if you don't believe me :p I actually just wanted to put their first names but thought it won't be believable. Anyway, this is suppose to be a private blog so I guess I'm kinda almost free to say whatever I want.. hehe.So next time you're bored.. do what I do, go to FB fan pages (especially those which will appeal to Chinese teenagers), and take a look.. you'd be amazed :)

No comments: